Protecting your investment property and income
How do you best protect a property you own and rent to tenants? Choosing the occupants carefully helps, but even with model tenants, there’s no guarantee they’ll take care of things to the standard you’d like. As a landlord, you need to reduce your vulnerability to vandalism, malicious damage, and theft. Not to mention lost rental income, should your property become unliveable because of major damage. You also need protection from those unlikely, but still possible, risks like fire, lightning and storm or flood damage, falling trees and unforeseen catastrophes. With First Option’s Landlord Cover, you have peace of mind that you’ll be covered if your property is damaged or destroyed by specific events as set out in the policy wording.
Competitive, convenient cover backed by QBE
Landlord Cover is one of a comprehensive range of insurance solutions First Option offers through our association with QBE Insurance. Founded in 1886, QBE is one of Australia’s leading insurers. It’s because of QBE’s experience, security and strength – as well as its prompt, efficient and friendly claims service that we’ve made it our general insurance provider. This partnership enables us to deliver First Option members quality and value in insurance products, with the added convenience of having everything under the same roof.
|Landlord's insurance core defined events|
You’ll also be covered for a number of benefits and any optional extras that you select.
|Examples of benefits and optional extras|
A range of ways to save
With First Option there are various ways to enjoy discounts on your premium.
- Security discounts - The more secure your property is – through deadlocks, window locks, and either local or monitored alarms – the less you may have to pay.
- Household no claim bonus - Continue to earn No Claim Bonus discount, up to our maximum level, the more years you go without making a claim.
- Seniors discount - If any named Policyholders are over 50 years of age, you are entitled to the over 50s discount.
- Multi-policy discount - Once you have one MemberCare insurance policy with us, we’ll give you a discount on each additional MemberCare policy#
- A choice of Excess - Your excess is the initial amount you have to pay yourself if you make a claim, and we offer options of $100, $250, $300, $400, $500, $750, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 and $10,000. The higher the excess you choose, the lower the premium you’ll pay.
Easy to arrange, simple to claim
The convenience of having Landlord’s Insurance under the same roof as your financial services isn’t the only way we make life easier. From making your application to making a claim, First Option ensures things are as straightforward as possible.
You can apply by phone or at any branch. Flexible payment options include fortnightly, monthly or annual direct debit or credit card payments (excluding Diners Club).
If you do need to make a claim, we won’t make you wade through paperwork. QBE have a 24-hour emergency claims number, and in most cases, you need just provide details over the phone.
Terms, conditions and acceptance criteria apply. Cover limits apply as set out in the policy wording. This material does not take into account your personal needs, objectives and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement to decide if a product is right for you.
# Multi-policy discount is available on your first policy after renewal and is only available for Home, Landlords and Motor Vehicle policies that are purchased through the same financial institution.
Insurance issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFS Licence 239 545.