Best Kids Account in 2017
...for the 4th year in a row!
If you want to teach your children (or grandchildren) the value of saving, then look no further than the First Option Kids Bonus Saver.
In January 2017, Money magazine awarded Best Kids Savings account (non-bank) to First Option for the fourth year in a row!
Following the announcement, First Option received a lot of media coverage, most notably on the Channel 9 Today Show. We received a flood of calls from people wanting to open an account. And a few parents even took to Facebook to talk about this award winning account.
First Option CEO Dean Jepsen said, “It’s great to see so many people wanting to open a Savings account for their children. And when they turn 13, they can open a Smart Start Access Saver. This gets them familiar with using a debit card. It also means that they don’t have to carry cash around with them.”
Since this account was introduced, First Option members have opened over 1,400 kids accounts with $3.6m in total deposits. These funds are protected by the Government Deposit guarantee.
Your children can earn up to 5.15%pa*
First Option has made it easy to open and operate a Kids Bonus Saver. To earn bonus interest, members just need to deposit at least $5 each month and make no withdrawals.
So open that piggy bank and open a Kids Bonus Saver.
- To open a Kids Bonus Saver, open an Under 18 Membership
- To discuss this account with our Member Services team, please contact us
- To learn about the Kids Bonus Saver, visit the product page
- To learn about the Smart Start Access Saver, visit the product page
* Variable rate – subject to change. Interest is calculated daily and credited monthly. No minimum monthly balance. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply and are available from First Option Credit Union Limited ABN 95 087 650 735, AFSL 236 509. # A base rate of 0.15%pa plus a bonus rate of 5.00%pa (on balances of $1 - $5,000) can be earned by depositing at least $5 per month and making no withdrawals per month.